To go from not wanting a child at all, to can't thinking of my life without him is a big step for someone like me. Here are a few things that I've learned from my son over the past 12 months.
1. A smile could make your day!
2. A laugh is the sweetest sound - EVER! It has been shown that laughing helps to protect the heart. As well as lowering blood pressure, laughter increases oxygen in the blood, which also encourages healing. I love to hear my son laugh, especially with my husband. Sometimes, when I haven't been able to make him laugh all day, I get jealous that my husband was able to.
3. What Goes in, MUST come out. I'm sure you get this, but like most moms out there, I've been worried when my son hasn't produced a #2. I remember when he was first born, he had 2 bowel movements. Thank goodness that wasn't inside me. That night, he had another 6! Needles to say, this boy can poop.
4. Making baby food is harder than it looks. Okay, it's not really that tough, but what is tough is convincing your child it's really good. And god forbid it's not the perfect consistency. He will give you this look like, "Mom, what did you just feed me?" I'm getting better at it, according to my son anyway. And plus, it saves a ton of money!
5. Sleep is not overrated. For both mom and baby.
6. Children love animals. I am so glad I decided to raise my child with animals in the house. Granted I know there always will be that danger of him getting bit by a dog or swatted at by an annoyed cat. But on the flip side he could grow up being terrified of them and I definitely don't want that.
7. They really do love the sound of your voice. (And talking works much better than yelling.) It still amazing me to this day that my singing could actually soothe a child.
8. A schedule really does work.
9. The little things in life really are the best! A purple pen given by a friend or simply finding your long lost "Abu" in the bottom of the closet.
10. The dishes and laundry really can wait.
11. Take time to smell the roses ... or give the baby in the mirror a big kiss!
12. They grow up so fast. Where have the past 12 months gone?!
And I'm sure I'll learn much more! Thanks Little Man A