Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Raising Children is like a science project

I swear this child is going to drive me crazy. It's a good thing I have a Bachelors of Science in Biology so I can do a process of elimination to figure out what's going on with this child.


For the past week and a half, he has not been wanting to take his second nap in the afternoon. And trust me, I know he still needs it. He's cranky and downright still tired by the end of the day when he doesn't get his second nap. But, he's stubborn, I'll give him that (hmmmm, I wonder where he learned that from??) I know, there may be several factors to consider here. He's turning a year old (already?!) and probably going through a growth spurt, he's getting his teeth in, and there are just so many more interesting things to do besides take a nap!

Over the weekend, as you may have read, we tried not giving him his pacifier and Jeffrey back that he threw overboard. The only thing that did was to make him talk/cry/complain even more which, if he ended up not falling asleep, would make him even more cranky by the end of the day. I tried again for the past 3 days and I think I've figured it out.

He's hot. The sun has been shining for the past 5 days (not that I'm complaining because it's snowing now) and with his room in the front of the house, his room gets really hot. I turned on his ceiling fan and left him in just a long sleeve onesie and he fell right to sleep today! Hallelujah!

Because if this didn't work, I was going to try and wake him up in the middle of his morning nap just so he would take an afternoon nap. In case you didn't know, they are suppose to drop their morning nap and keep their afternoon nap so they can last the rest of the day.

I know all of you out there who don't have children (or for that matter even if you do but aren't extremely anal about every little thing with your child) think I'm totally crazy. But, damn it! He's not even a year old and they aren't suppose to drop their first nap until after a year... maybe even when they are 18 months. So I still have another 6 months atleast! And did I mention I'm trying to work on his first year scrapbook, so now's not the time to drop a nap!

I know, I know. These damn children don't go according to the same manual or any manual for that matter. Well, damn it, maybe the should. Can I just say, I am so in trouble if I have another one!

No comments: