Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kids Say the Darnest Things

Courtesy of Parents magazine:

"I was quizzing my 6-year-old son, John, one day and was impressed by his knowledge of the presidents featured on our currency. He responded correctly that George Washington was on a dollar bill and Abraham Lincoln was on the five-dollar bill. But when I asked him who was on the 20-dollar bill, he replied, "Michael Jackson!"

"My 4-year-old daughter, Abigail, woke up one morning and informed me that she had had a dream about me. When I asked her what it was about, she responded, "Don't you remember, Mommy? You were there!"

"My 2-year-old son, Keean, and I were shopping recently when we passed a toy store. I stopped his stroller to let him gaze into the window. He was mesmerized by all the toys, and he couldn't stop staring at the stuffed animals, puzzles, and games. When I asked him what he saw, he replied in his sweetest, most hopeful voice, "Presents!"

"My 2-year-old, Tristan, likes to play games online, but he often gets impatient when the website takes a few moments to appear on the computer screen. When this happens, my husband tells him to be patient because it's loading. Recently, he wanted to try to peeing in the potty. As he stood there, I asked him if had peed yet. He replied, "No, not yet. It's still loading."

"My 4-year-old daughter, Bailey, and 1-year-old son, Christopher, had shared a room, so when we moved to a larger house, my daughter was thrilled to get her own room. Shortly after our move, I found out I was pregnant with another girl. When we told Bailey that she'd be sharing her room again she was upset, but a little later she ran up to me and announced, "Mom, just save your receipt and we can trade for a boy!"

"One night, I realized that my 4-year-old son, Tyler, might be watching too much TV. I told him, "How about a bath and then a snack?" He looked me in the eye and slowly replied, "Deal- or no deal?"

1 comment:

Jude said...

those were cute...just wait till you can add to them with little man's words!