Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Calgon, take me away

Well, it's here. The first official snow fall for the Washington, D.C. metro area. We all knew the time would come eventually, so why is everyone still panicked? Because we live in the state of Virginia? Maybe because we're south of the Mason-Dixon line, these people thought Mother Nature would exempt us from such horrible weather. I hate to tell you - people in Texas are getting snow. So in my book, that's leaves everything open to possibilities.

And what have I done so far on this delightful day? Thankfully, we have 4 wheel drive on our F-150 (these are the days that I am glad that we own a truck and not my little rinky-dink Toyota Rav4 - although I did love that car!) and managed to make it up our slight incline of a hill from our cul-de-sac. We managed to make it to the turn to the VRE station, when hubby and said truck decided to do a 360 .... IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION!

Hubby stayed cool, laughed about it, said he really wanted to just go home anyway, and put the truck into Low 4-wheel drive. POP!!! That would be the sound of our transmission. Yeah, now our truck is STUCK in 4 wheel Low.

And I'm suppose to take care of all this by myself??

Hubby made a call, we dropped the truck off at the dealer, which it won't even be looked at until tomorrow. Thankfully, we have an extended warranty that's pretty good (only have to pay $50 deductible as long as it's covered under warranty).

While we were waiting around the dealer, hubby found out that he actually really needed to go into work. LMA is being a great sport this entire time. We found some pamphlets about Caterpillar vehicles and he oogled over those for 10-15 minutes... and on the way home... and when we got home. Thankfully, I grabbed an apple and milk for him or else he would have been starving by the time we got home at 11:00am!

In the mean time, two other vehicles have managed to get stuck at the bottom of our cul-de-sac. I'm so glad the rental company gave us another truck and not a mini-van or a Focus.

On a lighter note, take a look at this lovely card that I made for hubby's grandparents as a "with love/just beacuse". It just screams spring. Which will hopefully be here some time soon.



P.S. Did I mention our computer's little yellow line is fixed?!!? Turns out it was the display board. We had our computer fixed and back within 2 days! I love Apple computers. :)

No comments: