Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Two things are about to happen soon that I have mixed feelings about.

One: Little Man A is going to get his first hair cut this weekend. Lately, Daddy has been making comments about how it is wispy on the sides with little curls. I think it's kind of cute, but I'm sure that's not what a little boy wants to hear. He wants to look, well, like a boy. I know it really needs to be done, but I was kind of hoping that his hair would be thicker by now and maybe he could have that stylish surfer dude look to him. But not happening.

Two: Little Man is acting as if he wants to start using the big boy potty. Hurray, right? Um, sure. Yes, on one hand I am excited about getting him out of diapers (that just means he'll be squirming on the toilet rather than on the floor), but on the other hand that means he's really growing up. Lately, he's been telling us when he goes #2 and actually today he told me when he went "peepee". He's also not afraid of the toilet. He'll flush that thing with or without anything in it. After he lifts the lid of course to see if there is anything in there. We're not sure where to go from here. Either buy a training potty or a small step stool so he can use the regular toilet. I guess I'm afraid to make the decision because I don't want either one to confuse him or scare him about the entire process.

Oh the joys of motherhood.

No comments: