Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 1 of our getaway

Our day started at the butt-crack of dawn at 4:30am. We needed to be at the airport at 5:30am at the latest to catch our 6:30 flight. I had checked in online the day previous so everything went really smoothly at the airport.

Unfortunately, we were going around the world to get to our final destination. Our layovers were in Detroit, then to St. Thomas, and finally to San Juan. The last flight was a total waste considering it was only a 20 minute flight! But, it didn't matter because when we arrived in San Juan, everything was all right!


We made it to the ship in time for us to take a nap... and a lovely little nap it was! But, I don't think mine lasted very long because I was too excited to be back on a cruise ship that I had to get out of our cave-of-a-room (an inside room to help prevent sea sickness) to explore my many entertainment options.... especially, the food!

I actually investigated the children's activities and entertainment onboard the ship. Apparently, I was missing Little Man A a little more than I thought. To be honest, I wasn't worried about Little Man A... I was more worried about my parents keeping up with him and knowing how to pick their battles with him. But, deep down, I knew they would figure it out. Especially after I put together a "Little Instruction Book". See, they do come with manuals.... even if it did change after I got home (not because of anything my parents did though).

We finally caught up with our friends that we met 2 years ago on our 2nd cruise to the Caribbean. They were a blast to hang out with then and we've kept in touch enough to know they would be a blast again!

After a lovely dinner (where I didn't have to help clean up), we made our way out of San Juan sipping a nice Cabernet Sauvignon from the Napa Valley while watching the island of Puerto Rico slowly disappear from the balcony of our friend's room. The next day, we were heading to St. Martin/St. Marteen.


Stay tuned for Day 2 tomorrow!

No comments: