Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kids are Amazing

Little Man A has only been attending Gymboree classes for 2 weeks now and what a difference I've seen in his abilities since then. Not only is he now able to climb a ladder, crawl under things without thinking he can stand up in the middle and where he is becoming totally aware (ok maybe not totally because he bonked his head on the dining room table yesterday) of his surroundings, he can now climb into our oversized chair like a champ. Thankfully, he still has yet to attempt to crawl the bookshelves, which is a very good thing considering they are not attached to the wall.

It just totally baffles me how they can become so versatile, independent, and just plain able to do things on their own within such a short period of time. I'm still trying to finish his first year album and looking back at his 10 month photos, where he just learned how to stand on his own and began cruising around, seems like it was just last week.

Now at 18 months, 34.5 inches, and almost 27 pounds, he's taking on the world with such bound and determination. Sometimes it's scary, like when he doesn't wait for me to start walking down our incline of a backyard, but other times I just watch him with awe and wonder, "When did he learn how to do that??"

Kids are just amazing.

1 comment:

TanishaRenee said...

You are so right, kids are amazing and they surprise us everyday- just today I gave my 4 yo a dollar and he told me George Washington was on it I asked him who taught him that and he said "I don't know!" Go figure!

BTW- that is my LO in CK mag- thanks.