Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just a thought

Not that I really want to start a rival with anyone out there, but I was just thinking while I was trying to run errands at 9:30 at night, load the dish washer, tidy up the house so we have a fresh start in the morning, finish the laundry, and make sure Little Man and hubby have at least clean underwear tomorrow (oh, wait Little Man doesn't wear underwear yet-Whew). That's a lot to do while thinking.


Why is it when a woman gets sick they are still able to cook, clean, take care of the house, do the errands, and if you are like me, still able to take care of a child?


When a man gets sick.... he's totally debilitated?


Granted in my circumstance, hubby also gets migraines to go along with everything else either not functioning properly or has an enormous about of mucous running out of his nose while Little Man is desperately trying to get daddy to "Up!" Poor guy.


This also leads to another thought.


I am totally screwed if he ever gets deployed. I'm sure I may be able to put on a good I-can-do-everything-by-myself show, but I really can't. I'd probably have a nervous break down after about a week or two and just have to move back in with my parents (all the way out in CA now). Not to mention, I'm sure I would inadvertently make his life a living hell (not that living in Iraq wouldn't be considered hell already) while separated overseas because he'd be so damn worried about me and Little Man. Or I would just make him miserable for going to active duty. Details smetails.


Anyways, just a thought.

1 comment:

Wenderina said...

Our place is also an option. We aren't a hell of a lot of help with the hours we work, but we're fun...really...when we aren't working or sleeping that is.