Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yet again...

So today makes five months in a row that Little Man has been sick, three months in a row with an ear infection. His jugular lymph nodes have been inflammed the entire time.

I'm exhausted, I'm hungry all the time, and I feel nauseous before and after I eat. I'm not sure I can handle another round of antibiotics. I'm not sure I can handle the whining because he's not feeling good.

I know. I should grin and bear it. Be a big girl myself.

But you know what? I'm tired of taking care of everyone. And I know it's only going to get worse.

Good thing is that the doctor did put in a referral to an Ears, Nose, and Throat Doctor. Like most referrals within the military system though, it could take forever. Let's hope it doesn't. Because all I know, in four weeks exactly, if something isn't done, he's going to get another ear infection.

Oh. And the other good thing. LMA can tell me when his ears hurt. So much better than guessing.

2 comments:

AmyBow said...

ear infections bite my arse. AK has one again too. i hope the ENT works out. everyone i know who has gotten tubes has raved about the difference in their kids.

Lori said...

That's terrible. There's no need to suck it up. Sometimes whining makes you feel better. Not that you were whining, but if you need to, we'll be there for you.

Does Tylenol or Mortin help his ears? Maybe Benedryl? It might help him sleep.

There's not much that's going to make you feel better expect time. Sorry.