Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

What could he be thinking?

I can't believe it's been close to an entire month since I posted. Lately, I just haven't been in the mood. Occasionally, I'll have a few photos I want to share, but just can't find the words to go with it. I should probably just post the pics considering family like Wenderina love to just see how the boys are doing. Even the big one.

We've started talking about Daddy going away with LMA. It started mainly by accident a couple weeks ago when I had a yard sale. The signs I made said "Moving Sale" so everyone kept asking me, "This is the moving sale, right?" I replied that is was going to be a moving sale, but then the military changed their mind and decided to just send hubby. Sometimes I'm not sure what LMA is thinking. Is he sad? Does he understand? Is he mad? Does he think Daddy is going away and not coming back?

Today we watched a video done by Sesame Street talking about a parent, in this case Elmo's Daddy, going away for work. I really wanted to sit down with LMA and Daddy and watch it together. I thought maybe LMA would have questions or just want to talk about it afterwards. Nope. He got mad. In a quiet way.

After quiet time, he wanted nothing to do with me. "Where's Daddy?"

So when I came out into the living room where Daddy had been taking a nap, I found this....






I wish I knew what was going through his little head. I wish I could make him understand that even though Daddy is going away for what seems like a really long time, he loves him and really doesn't want to go. Daddy wishes he could take us with him.

They say there are two different types of reactions from children when they learn that a parent is going away for awhile. One is to be separated, distant. The other is my son: attached. Wants nothing more than to just be with Daddy.

I hope this next year goes by fast.

2 comments:

Wenderina said...

oh, heart warming and heartbreaking at the same exact time.

Lori said...

How sad. I hope the next year goes by quickly for you guys.